Get ready for more Mean Girls in your lives. But don’t worry, in this case it’s just the fictional Plastics.
While what fans really want is a movie sequel, there is a Mean Girls video game coming. According to The Hollywood Reporter, it will be released later this year and follow a choose-your-own adventure format. That means you’ll “enroll” at North Shore High School and find yourself smack in the middle of Regina, Karen, Gretchen and their girl gang (or should we say squad?) with the ability to manipulate the plot based on your decisions. It’s terrifying and awesome at the same time.
The game was created with close input from Paramount to make everything as close to the movie as possible, but we’ve still got a few, er, suggestions for it to really live up to its potential. If a Mean Girls video game is going to exist, it needs to include some of these plot points. Get in loser, we’re going shopping.
1. The school cafeteria serves Kalteen bars. Only it’s 2015, so they have to be vegan and gluten-free.
3. Karen decides to start paying attention in science class, and manages to invent Toaster Cronuts, the new rival to Toaster Strudel. Sorry, Gretchen’s dad.
4. You have the opportunity to explain to the Plastics what feminism actually means.
5. The Burn Book now has its own Tumblr page, which you are tasked with dismantling.
6. Gretchen is still trying to make “fetch” happen, but you can create a whole new slang term for extra points.
7. You lead a group of rogue students to change Pink Day to (gasp!) Friday and watch as the entire school crumbles to the ground.
8. Someone slips an anonymous note in your locker that the bus driver has it out for Regina, and it’s up to you to derail his murder plot.
9. Society is rocked when it is discovered that butter is, in fact, a carb.
10. You can’t make it to level four until you find someone willing to butter Jason’s muffin.
11. Whoever is able to down the most Jell-O shots without barfing on Aaron Samuels’ shoe automatically advances to the next level.
12. Mathletes problems are real, and you have to solve them. Yourself!
13. Coach Carr and Trang Pak are still hooking up in the projection room above the auditorium, and you’ve got to decide whether to call in Principal Duvall.
14. You have 30 minutes to find an outfit for the Spring Fling or you DIE.
15. Regina’s Cool Mom joins the plastics for tequila shots and they choreograph a talent show dance that goes viral immediately.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.