After exchanging vows on May 24, 2014 at the Forte di Belvedere in Florence, Italy, Kimye headed to Ireland for a romantic honeymoon fit for a king and queen. It wasn’t long before the newlyweds returned to the land of Los Angeles and their home with princess North West.
And now, dolls, it’s hard to believe, but Kim and Kanye’s magical first year as newyweds has come to a close! So in honor of their anniversary (and many more to come), here are the 12 best moments from their first 12 months of marriage.
1. Kidchella: North’s 1st birthday party was one for the books! To celebrate their baby girl’s June 15 B-Day, Kim and Kanye went all out with the Coachella-inspired “Kidchella,” which featured a variety of carnivalesque activities including a ferris wheel, teepees and live entertainment! The event, held in Kourtney Kardashian‘s backyard, was a blast for the whole family and their friends of all ages in attendance.
2. Dream Home: The Wests loved living with momager Kris Jenner, but in early August, they realized it was time to leave the nest. Fortunately, the luxe $ 20 million mansion they purchased is in the same Hidden Hills, Calif., neighborhood as Kris, and its within close driving distance of the rest of the family, too!
3. Yeezus Tour: ‘Ye kicked off this world tour before tying the knot, but he was a married man for the Australian leg of things this past September! Kanye’s proud wife and daughter joined him Down Under, and as Kim revealed the the Daily Telegraph’s Sunday Style, Nori was “mesmerized” to see her daddy performing onstage!
4. Kim’s Attempt to #BreakTheInternet: Came pretty close! Kim covered Paper magazine‘s Winter 2014 issue, and in a series of sexy photos shot by Jean-Paul Goode, she cheekily showed off her famous assets. Kanye approved, tweeting out a photo of his wife’s issue with the hashtag #ALLDAY.
5. First Married Christmas: It’s one thing to be together, but there’s something extra special about spending the holidays together as Mr. and Mrs. for the very first time! The Kardashians didn’t send out their annual holiday card (!), but the whole family (Kim, Kanye and Nori included, of course) had a wonderful time celebrating at Kris’ annual Christmas party!
6. North’s Music Video Debut: It doesn’t get much sweeter than this! Kanye collaborated with Sir Paul McCartney for his emotional ballad, “Only One,” which paid tribute to his daughter and late mother. The music video for the song featured Nori and Kanye holding hands and being pretty much the cutest father-daughter duo of all time. Kim, obviously, loved the clip and couldn’t help but exclaim to fans on Twitter, “How sweet are my babies!”
7. Fashion Weeks: North is a front row regular at shows around the globe! She’s not even 2 yet, but Kim’s mini-me has already joined mom and dad at shows in New York, Paris, London and Milan. She might’ve shed a tear or two on occasion, but would you really expect Kanye’s daughter to agree with all of someone else’s visions?!
8. Trip to Armenia: The Kardashians have always been proud of their Armenian heritage, and in April, Kim and Khloé Kardashian got to visit the country for the first time. Kanye and North “came to Armenia as well to see my heritage and learn about my ancestors,” Kim explained.
Kim, Khloé and their cousins met Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan and other government officials. They paid tribute to those who lost their lives in the 1915 Armenian Genocide and were blessed with the opportunity to reconnect with their roots.
Yeezus was moved by the experience, too, and threw an impromptu free concert in downtown Yerevan.
9. North’s Baptism: From Armenia, the West fam (joined by Khloé) headed to Israel for Nori’s baptism at James Cathedral in the Armenian Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem. The religious ceremony was “so special” a source told E! News, and Aunt KoKo was named Nori’s godmother.
10. Bruce Jenner’s Journey: The Olympian’s transition has been an adjustment for the whole family, but Kanye’s words of wisdom helped Kim to understand Bruce’s position. (At this time, Bruce Jenner has not chosen to publicly identify as a woman and so E! News will continue to refer to him as Bruce and use male pronouns, until he indicates otherwise.)
During Bruce’s ABC News interview with Diane Sawyer, he revealed that Kim has been “by far” the most accepting of his gender transition, and he has Kanye to thank for that. “Kim told me a story,” he began. “She goes, ‘You know what really turned me around? I’m thinking about this.’ And I said, ‘What?’ She goes, ‘Kanye.'”
“They were talking about it,” Bruce went on, “and he says to Kim, ‘Look, I can be married to the most beautiful woman in the world, and I am. I can have the most beautiful little daughter in the room, I have that. But I’m nothing if I can’t be me. If I can’t be true to myself, they don’t mean anything.'”
11. Kanye’s Graduation: His mama said go to school get your doctorate—and on May 11, 2015, Dr. Donda West was surely smiling down on Yeezus as he received his honorary PhD from the Art Institute of Chicago. Kim Instagrammed a photo of “Dr. Kanye West” in his cap and gown, writing, “I’m so proud of you baby & I know your mom would be so proud too!!!!”
12. So Much Sex: Kim and Kanye have made no secret about their desire to give North a sibling, and in their quest to get pregnant with baby No. 2, they’ve been having a lot of sex—like, 15 times a day. “The doctors said he thinks I’m having sex too much,” Kim told E! News earlier this year. “He said one time is more powerful…so we’ve tried everything.”
Keep at it, you two, and cheers to many, many more years of wedded bliss!
Watch new episodes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians on Sundays at 9 on E!
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.